On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:58:53AM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
: Well, as I said in my other reply, that's not a big problem for
: 1-dimensional arrays.  But it does possibly make sense that ^ on a
: multidimensional array or hash would return a zip of all the key sets.
: Plus it generalizes ^%hash to mean %hash.keys.

Or maybe not.  We need some way of getting the keys of just the first
dimension, and maybe .keys is that, on the model of Perl 5, where
all multidims are really XoX in form, and .keys only ever gives you
the top level.  Then ^%hash and %hash.keys would mean the same thing
only for 1-dimensional hashes.  Likewise for arrays.

Larry