> On 2005-11-02, Luke Closs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Also, yesterday Test::WWW::Selenium was uploaded to CPAN, so Selenium
> > can now be driven by perl!
>
> Test::WWW::Selenium seems interesting, but I could use an example it
> would be useful to use, versus the standard techniques.

  It is useful when you want to test Javascript code, for example
to test that your client-side validation is working properly,
or that your onclick handlers are working properly.

>  From the docs, it's not clear if there are restrictions about where
> the related Perl testing code must reside. Does it need to be on the
> same server as Selenium and the application?

  There are no restrictions: you can have the testing code
on one server, the selenium_server (which acts as a reverse-proxy
to the application under test) on another server and the
application under testing on a third server. Note that
the server where the testing code is run most be able to launch
a web browser. It is more convenient if testing code and
selenium_server are on the same machine, but this is not a
requirement.

Regards
Mattia

P.S.: please note that you can not have multiple tests running
      concurrently and using the same selenium_server