On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:10:08PM -1000, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
> It also looks like things are broken with Solaris's make:
>
> --
> mksh: Fatal error in reader: Loop detected when expanding macro value
> `"$(PERL) -e 'chdir shift @ARGV; system q{$(MAKE)}, @ARGV; exit $$? >>
> 8;'"'
> --

That wasn't a problem with Solaris's make at all.  It was a logical
problem in config/inter/make.pm, where $(MAkE) wasn't being substituted
with the actual path to the make utility if the path was discovered from
$ENV{MAKE}.  Anyways, I think configure is fixed on Solaris now.  Please
let me know if your still having issues.

Cheers,

-J