On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 21:13 +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> > If it helps - the t/perl/manifest test hangs on test 3. Looking at the
> > source, looks like someone intended a diag message to warn that it
> > would
> > appear to hang, but the diag doesn't get printed out until after the
> > fact.
>
> The test takes too much time, but really should finish. Depends of
> course on your hardware, how long it takes.

(sorry if this is a double post for you, I had a bad cc line for
perl6-internals)

Problem is the diag message warning users that it will take a while (and
it does - on a p4 with 2 gigs of ram i gave up after a few minutes, but
didn't get a chance to see where/why it was so slow) is that it doesn't
print before or during the 3rd test - so they have no idea why this
particular test is stuck or that it should take a while. I should
probably follow this up with some patches or something...(see what I can
do)

~mcummings