On Dec 12, 2005, at 4:47 PM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Well, we dont't have a C-like static construct.

Today I remembered something I read about how pir handles pasm registers, "PASM registers keep their register. During the usage of a PASM register this register will be not get assigned to."(docs/imcc/operation.pod) I modified the random.pir code to use a pasm register and hoped it'd behave as I'm interpreting it. First I tried an .emit section without results, but figured it never was executed so put the initialization to 42 into the sub, and it still wasn't working. The operation file gives the impression that parrot won't reset and pasm register and essentially leave it for the programmer to deal with. But from what I'm seeing, parrot's treating a pasm register as if it were a pir temporary register. Is there any clarification of this?