I just finished three more shoot outs. Two are rather simple, a floating point version of ack, and another that reads from stdin and adds together the numbers on the lines. The third, is regex-dna. It cheats a little, since as far as I know PGE doesn't have any regex based substitutions even though they're not needed for this benchmark, well aside from the fact that it's supposed to strip newlines and fasta headers by a substitution. Anyway, the floating point takfp is slow, 364 seconds for me, which makes it really really slow. The python's the fasted of perl, tcl, python, ruby, and php. Parrot's not too well.

Anyway, for the regex-dna, I used PGE's perl 5 rules. The commented out sections use the perl6 rules, but then you'll need to comment out the perl 5 areas... It's taking 25 seconds for me, for the test file, not the benchmark. Perl finishes the same file in .6 seconds. It reads in line by line which slows it down, but it makes stripping the unwanted things much easier(unless someone can tell me how to work in a regex to strip it, to truly comply). Only 8 languages are included in the benchmark though, but parrot can be added...

The DOD is taking the most time, I get it done in 6.36 seconds(and a lot of memory), if I put `sweepoff` in the file, but it does take up a large amount of ram.