Hi Ben,

* Ben Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-01-10 18:20]:
>I'd make a slightly stronger statement than that: If you were
>congenitally insane, wilfully stupid or drunk, you could
>consider a source filter for this.

Depends. Additive filters that the same code can run without are
sane when used carefully, and they’re easy to create if the
trigger is a special comment or better yet POD section:

    $foo = bar();

    =begin testcode

    assert( defined( $foo ) );

    =end testcode

    frobnitz( $foo );

In production, the code runs *without* a filter so the POD
section blinkers perl reliably; what you see is exactly what
executes. Potential for mysterious bugs: zero.

In testing, the code runs with an extremely simple filter.
Potential for mysterious bugs: non-zero, but miniscule.

This is pretty sane.

Regards,