Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 04:53:26PM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to implement some functions into the Lua PMCs, but I'm having trouble to compile them.

I want to add a clone method to the LuaNil PMC (which should extend Null.pmc, not None.pmc, as it does currently; changed that already)

However, I get the following error:

luanil.c:343: error: conflicting types for `clone'
/usr/include/bits/sched.h:72: error: previous declaration of `clone'
compile luanil.c failed (256)
clone is a standardized vtable function. But it's name is never a bare 'clone', it's always prefixed by 'Parrot_<ClassName>_. This is also true for

 METHOD PMC* clone()  # dunno if that works, if vtable exists

You must have some bug in your PMC code.

On Linux clone() is a syscall with a wraper function in the the standard
library that is defined in sched.h.  On my laptop types.h includes
pthreadtypes.h which includes sched.h.  You should *probably* use a
different function name. ;)

-J

I got the bug already, thank! (stupid error in PMC file) Works perfectly now.
-kj