On Friday 20 January 2006 07:14, Rob Kinyon wrote:

> I think this entire issue is rising out of the fact that very very few
> people in this discussion are familiar with the design of the MOP.
> Stevan and a few others are the primary movers and I'm lucky enough to
> have been Stevan's sounding board for a few pieces. Once you grok the
> MOP, it's really hard to imagine wanting to use bless().

I don't think that it's a fair assumption that, for example, I haven't
followed the metamodel discussions and designs.  Nor do I think it's a fair
assumption that people who want to interoperate with a lot of Perl 5 code
should have to understand the finer points of metamodels and metaobject
protocols in the default case.

-- c