On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 12:34:28PM -0800, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
>     add_scalar(STRING, PMC*)
>     add_array(STRING, PMC*)
>     add_hash(STRING, PMC*)

WRT namespaces, I'm starting to think we should replace each *_var()
functions with three functions *_scalar(), *_array(), and *_hash().  Parrot
is ingrained with the idea that values can be unkeyed, integer-keyed, or
string-keyed.  More complex keys are also available, of course, but those
three are privileged (and for good reason).

Perlish languages will want the distinction (thus the change is helpful),
and Pythonish languages won't care -- everything is unprefixed (thus the
change does no harm).
--
Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>