On 1/29/06, Darren Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ghc 6.4.0 works only with gcc 3.3, so those people that get 4.0 by
> default will have to downgrade to work with 6.4.0.

Wait---so if your proposal isn't effected, then people will be unable
to upgrade to ghc 6.4.1, and will instead have to downgrade to gcc
3.3?

> As Luqui pointed out, the only people that my proposal would make
> more work for is those with 6.4.0 already installed.

Oh, thank you for distorting my argument like that.

Yes, that's true, the only people that your proposal makes more work
for is those with 6.4.0 already installed.  But my point was that it
doesn't make it less work for _anybody_.

Luke