From: Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:29:28 +0100

   On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:06, Bob Rogers wrote:

   >    1.  Closure still needs a destroy method, and having one is in fact
   > sufficient to reclaim contexts that would otherwise be lost.

   Ack.

Committed as r11616.

   >    2.  In order to prove this (not to mention for debugging of
   > RetContinuation hackery), I added a fair amount of new CTX_LEAK_DEBUG
   > trace code, centralized it in interpreter.h, and put all of this output
   > under control of PARROT_CTX_DESTROY_DEBUG_FLAG so that it could be
   > turned on/off without recompiling.

   Good. That simplifies further fixes.

Great; committed as r11612.

   >    3.  While I was at it, I flushed most of the "#if CHUNKED_CTX_MEM"
   > code in src/register.c -- this code has serious bit-rot, and having two
   > implementations of Parrot_free_context et. al. tended to get in the
   > way . . .

   Well, the original plan contained the usage of a linear chunked
   context/register memory. But it's right that the code is fully
   out-dated and non-functional and it's in the way, when jumping around
   through tags.
   Therefore it's really better to just drop that code and maybe
   re-implement it cleanly again *after* all issues are sorted out.

   leo

I couldn't agree more.  Committed as r11609.  Should I also get rid of
the CHUNKED_CTX_MEM references in interpreter.h?

                                        -- Bob