While a META.yml file provides a good description of what is required, the dependencies WILL change once the Metafile.PL runs.

Actually, that should read "will often change, 90% of the time not turning on the dynamic_config flag in the process".

So while we are on the subject of META.yml, I think the dynamic_config approach is horrible, because it defaults to an efficient error case and relies on the author to fix the error, rather than defaulting to the inefficient correct case, and giving the option to make it faster.

Where would be the best place to get this flag changed (or for a discussion on doing so) in the spec?

Adam K