Hello Matisse,

        I like these two ideas:

        #3 seems like the lowest maintenence. Maintaining on a .tar.gz in CVS
seems easier than integrating diffs of the newest version whenever you want
to upgrade.

        #2 has it's benefits too - you could even mirror all of CPAN, and
just maintain a script with "install" commands to install the versions you
want;

        install "KWILLIAMS/Module-Build-0.27_04.tar.gz";

        etc. That makes both upgrading easy and makes your build process
independant from the availablity of your favourite CPAN mirror.

        Cheers,
                Tyler