> On Feb 28, 2006, at 12:09, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I did a quick fib(30) benchmark comparing Parrot Win32 daily
>> build (using jit core) and NekoVM (http://nekovm.org). The results are
>> showing that Parrot is 5 times slower than Neko (see my blog post on
>> this point there : http://ncannasse.free.fr/?p=66).
>

> Benchmarks are just damn lies ;)

Not exactly lies, but they are quite different from reality ;)

> The '-Cj' runtime options tries to compile simple subs to native
> assembler code (and obviously succeeds here ;)

Yes I understand that there is different cores for Parrot, but what are
the flags appropriate for doing some comparisons ? Some flags might do
very good in some cases and quite bad in some others. They might also
take tremendous time to JIT the code, hence not being usable on larger
applications.

Is there one single config that the Parrot team is focusing on bringing
to 1.0 ?

Nicolas