Neat: It's backward-compatible and makes macros more useful, so file it
under "improvement" and commit it.  Two and a half Qs:

It looks to me like this implementation is safe against "{" and "}" in
strings, right?

(Not a new issue, but since we're on the subject of macros:) If I define a
macro named eg. ".local", does it expand as a macro, i.e. is it recognized
before or after core Parrot keywords?  I think the example of Perl keywords
vs. user-defined functions teaches us it's a good idea for macros to win in
case of conflict, for backward compatibility when we introduce new keywords.
--
Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>