Steve Peters wrote:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 04:52:18PM +0100, David Landgren wrote:

[...]

/eg scripts are a nice "hands-on" way of finding out how a module works in real life.

No distribution should be without one!

Unless, of course, it has an examples/ directory, which would cause the kwalitee test to fail. ;) I do think its a good idea, especially with
large, all-encompassing type modules to provide some examples, but
testing for (in effect, regulating) the name of the directory that will
be difficult to do.

Man, you wanna start a religious war or something?

I wasn't proposing to regulate anything, merely document existing practices. After haved grepped through a fair portion of my local mirror, at a bare minimum the pattern to match an eg directory looks like

  m{/(?:e(?:xamples?|[gx])|(?:Ex|s)amples?|contrib|demo)/$}

If an obvious name is overlooked, I'm sure people will draw attention to it after the first iteration :)

David

Steve Peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."