On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 08:03:02AM -0800, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> (NOTE: I invite PIR users to read this msg, and especially item #5, and let
> me know whether you'll suffer any breakage when/if Parrot default namespaces
> go untyped, i.e. when you're no longer allowed to have a namespace and a
> global variable with the same name but distinct.  HLL-specific namespaces
> will be able to make their own choices, so this issue only affects those
> using the default namespace objects, i.e. Patrick, Allison, & co.)

Just to answer this quickly -- from my perspective I don't see
any particular need to have both a namespace and a distinct
(Parrot) global variable that has the same name as a namespace.

In particular, PGE doesn't make use of many variables that
exist outside of a namespace, and any exported symbol names that
I've created thus far have been chosen with the expectation that they
would likely change before all is said and done.  :-)

Pm