On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:44:59AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  =item *
>
> -C<sockaddr> returns a string representing a socket address, generated
> +C<sockaddr> returns an object representing a socket address, generated
>  from a port number (integer) and an address (string).

> +=head2 IPv6 Support
> +
> +The transition from IPv4 to IPv6 is in progress, though not likely to be
> +complete anytime soon. Most operating systems today offer at least
> +dual-stack IPv6 implementations, so they can use either IPv4 or IPv6,
> +depending on what's available. Parrot also needs to support either
> +protocol. For the most part, the network I/O opcodes should internally
> +handle either addressing scheme, without requiring the user to specify
> +which scheme is being used.

That kind of feels like "We play both kinds of music, Country *and* Western"

#define AF_INET         2               /* internetwork: UDP, TCP, etc. */
#define AF_INET6        28              /* IPv6 */

What about

#define AF_UNIX         1               /* standardized name for AF_LOCAL */

? (of the rest, this is the most widely used)

Nicholas Clark