On 3/31/06, Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If an installer can't INSTALL under battle conditions, it is failing
> it's primary missing.

Personally I think its worth being a touch more specific with your language.

I dont see Module::Build's job to be to "install". I see its job as
being to "build". It should, and does leave the job of "installing" to
ExtUtils::Install. And that makes sense to me.

So it seems to be that you have four (five?) phases:

 Pre-Build
 Build
 Test
 Install
 (Post Install Test?)

Something like dieing on a use warnings statement in the makefile or
whatever to me constitutes a pre-build failure, not an install
failure.

<aside>
I've actually often wondered why there isnt a fifth stage, that being
a post-install test. IOW, it would be nice if you there was an easy
way to run the test suite against the installed packages.
</aside>

Yves