On 19-Apr-06, at 9:12 AM, Andrew Gianni wrote:
I'm exploring my options for use case testing of Web apps in Perl. Does any have any experience, recommendations or resources to suggest on the topic? We're working on some pretty complicated Web apps (written in Perl) and while we have our unit testing well under control, our development of mech
tests leaves a great deal to be desired.

We'd like to be a bit more programmatic about writing our mech tests to test use-case driven test-cases. I'm wondering if there are any tools or ideas
out there to ease the process so we don't have to manually write the
numerous mech tests individually or develop our own framework for this.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Check out Selenium Remote Control. It controls browsers through HTML and Javascript.

  http://openqa.org/selenium-rc

There are perl drivers included with the Selenium-RC download, or my Test-WWW-Selenium package that provides Test::Builder functions.

I'm working with the Selenium-RC developers to get this all integrated together.

Luke