On 23 Apr 2006, at 20:05, Shlomi Fish wrote:
[snip]
This debate demonstrates why a plugin system is necessary for a test harness.
If it has it, then one can write a plugin to control whether or not
percentages are displayed. So for example, you can install a plugin that does
that, and put this in your .bash_profile:
[snip]

That's not the issue for me. I can already write my own test runners without too much effort.

For me the issue is why we're removing a useful (to a few people anyway), already implemented feature from the default test runner.

Although I agree with Michael and chromatic that a separate TAP parser would be most pleasant.

Cheers,

Adrian