* Michael Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-26 13:40]:
> But then I'm seeking to learn here so can you give a nice juicy
> example of a non-C library that would be a big plus to be able
> to include in Perl?

There are several Python projects that I wish I could use without
having to reimplement their functionality in Perl, such as the
Kid templating engine and Demokritos, an implementation of the
Atom Publishing Protocol.

Note that the Parrot Native Call Interface will also make it much
easier to provide bindings to libraries at ABI level, eg. if you
wrote a single Gtk2-Parrot binding it would be available
instantly for all languages hosted on Parrot, and unlike XS
modules in Perl 5 it wouldn’t need a compiler to install,
massively increasing its reach.

In short, a whole lot of duplicated effort at the plumbing layers
could go away.

Regards,