Geoffrey Young wrote:
Since you're using C++, you can probably use libtap
(http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/01/19/libtap.html and
http://jc.ngo.org.uk/trac-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/LibTap) for writing the tests and
then you could use a Perl harnes to collect those results.

just out of curiosity, has anyone gotten this to work?  about two months
ago I tried to use it for a project but struggled with compilation
issues that were sufficient for me to stop trying...

I managed to get it to work.  But that's probably something of a given.

I never received much positive feedback about libtap, so I stuck it on the backburner, figuring that people were using other C frameworks.

I've just gone back to check, and it seems that a few people have submitted bug reports, but trac wasn't forwarding them to me, so I never saw them.

If you let me know what the compilation issues where I can try and resolve them.