On Wednesday 28 June 2006 02:26, João Cruz Morais wrote:

> With that said I have some questions (i'm sorry if they were answered
> already somewhere):
> - Whats the point of using PGE+TGE over the good old LEX+YACC besides the
> better regexps?

Transforming trees with real objects is a lot easier than mangling C data
structures.

> - Can I use PGE skipping TGE?

Yes.

> - PAST seems just fine as a concept but isn't it useless if I can target
> directly to POST with minor fuss?

Define "minor"; I've found it much easier in Pheme to go from one tree
structure to another rather than from one textual representation to another.
After a bit of learning, it's pretty obvious which is the appropriate level
for a specific transformation.  (Oh, I want to hoist out define-lambda pairs;
that's obviously PAST, so that I can scan the whole tree for Sub declarations
and get the symbol names later.)

-- c