On Jul 1, 2006, at 21:42, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

(1) I don't know all those -libraries are being listed, the test
    program certainly doesn't need them... yes, the linker should
    know to ignore them as unused... but:

(2) This is not Linux so that -lgmp and -lreadline are not "standard"
    but have been compiled and installed by the sysadmins (not admin)
    and:

(3) They most definitely have not been compiled with cxx,
    but most probably with gcc.  And I have no idea whether
    the libreadline.so actually works, since I haven't lately
    tried to compile anything with it.  In non-Linux systems
    one cannot always assume installed GNU stuff works and/or
    is uptodate...

-lgmp or -lreadline are either just coming from (a) the equivalent perl settings or are the result of an (b) earlier test.
For (a) the libs could be disabled in the hints file [1].
For (b) we'd need some commandline and hints settings like: 'no-readline' or such, which disables this lib.

[1] config/init/hints/*

leo