----- Original Message ----
From: Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 1. I want to name a group of tests rather than the individuals.
> Here's what we came up with.
>
> 1..10
> ..4 - name for this group
> ok 1
> Pros:
> * Its backwards compatible.  The ..# lines are currently considered
> junk and ignored.

Is this behavior documented anywhere?  On the off chance I'll be able to finish
a TAP grammar, I need to know what to do with lines which don't parse.  A
parser could throw an exception and this seems a reasonable thing to do, but
that means TAP::Parser behavior would not match the current behavior.

And since we're on the topic, I'm still wondering how we can disambiguate
diag() output (the '#>' proposal seemed workable) and whether version numbers
can be included in the TAP output.  The latter would allow a simple test of the
TAP version and allow the proper grammar to be loaded rather than use
heuristics to guess what version is allowed.

Cheers,
Ovid