Bob Rogers wrote:
   If, as seems likely, exception bookkeeping is moved to a separate
stack in the interpreter (with or without dynamic-wind actions), then
C<bsr>/C<ret> addresses can stay in the Parrot_Context, and all of
pdd23_exceptions.pod that is quoted below ceases to be problematic.
Does that seem reasonable?

Yeah, that's the current best solution (the last time Chip and I talked on Saturday). I'd like avoid a stack entirely, but this is a straightforward first attack on the problem. If we implement a separate exception stack now and run into problems, we can refine and refactor later.

It's an encouraging sign that we've got hold of a good idea when the same solution occurs to others independently. :)

Thanks,
Allison