For those of us drawn in by the postings elsewhere, not long-time
denizens of either P6 or Porters lists, a pointer to the basic HOWTO
for setting up a build-and-smoke environment that's a bit longer than
   >>> svn co https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk parrot
would be useful.

E.g.,
* How many free GB should I expect to need on my filesystem(s) to copy
and build?
* Is there a minimum version  of SVN required to access this repository?
* Is a FQDN with RDNS required for access or posting of bugs?
* Minimum GCC == whatever Perl5 was built with? or specific?
* Is > parrot/cage/todo.pod in the source tree or elsewhere?
* Is  building on Debian 3.0 ("Woody") of any use or practicality?

(Alas, I do _not_ have the Tru64/DEC compiler for Alpha AXP on my
Debian/Alpha. There's someone I can talk to, I might be able to get
it, or get access to it. Hmm.)

--
Bill
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]