On 7/5/06, Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Jul 3, 2006, at 6:33 PM, chromatic wrote:

> On Monday 03 July 2006 09:01, Jonathan T. Rockway wrote:
>
>> That said, I would be interested.  I'm still trying to page all the
>> perl6/parrot grammars (PGE, TGE, etc.) into my brain, so any
>> additional
>> examples would helpful, interesting, and fun.  For me, anyway :)
>
> Jerry Gay just wrote a PGE TAP grammar:
>
> <http://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk/examples/pge/grammars/TAP.pg>
>
> -- c

I hacked a rudimentary test case for that grammar, borrowing heavily
from Punie:
   https://svn.clotho.com/public/parrot-experiments/TAP/

excellent! i have the beginnings of a TAP parser in my working copy,
i'll look at what you've got and synchronize them up. thanks for the
test cases, it should be a simple matter to migrate them into tests in
the parrot repo. i'll also make the makefile platform-independent, as
it won't run on windows as it is.

To run it, edit the first line of the Makefile to specify the path to
PARROT_DIR and run "make".  My tests found a few bugs in Jerry's
grammar.  My fixed version of that grammar is here:
   https://svn.clotho.com/public/parrot-experiments/TAP/grammars/TAP.pg

i've applied your changes (with one minor mod: s/\n/$$/) to parrot
revision 13168.)
thanks and keep the patches coming!
~jerry