  > * Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-07-07 03:25]:
 >> >
 >> >  > Frankly, that's the best idea I've heard yet.
 >> >
 >> >What does it bring you more that the signed CHECKSUMS file?
 >> >

 >> That sounds more or less equivalent. Are they signed now?

  > And if so, by whom?

It's a batch signing key. This doesn't bring you what a web of trust
brings you but I never pretended it did.

By the way, I liked your summary of the situation in your posting
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and I wonder how we could promote
the web of trust on CPAN which clearly is the only way forward.

Maybe we need a perlish kind of building it. It's not perlish to show
each other a passport and make sure that the image there matches the
face.

--
andreas