From: Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:20:08 -0700

   On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 05:10:57PM -0400, Bob Rogers wrote:
   >    And my intended implementation of dynamic-wind actually does require
   >    its own stack, separate from the current control stack . ..
   >
   > Is there a PDD forthcoming?  If not (or even if so), would you (Allison
   > now, presumably?) like help writing it?

   As for me, namespaces need to be fully and completely put to bed before I
   can move on.

   I'd love to do exceptions next, but I suspect that I can't really do
   exceptions properly until we have proper dynamic scopes.  EHs may not be
   controlled entirely by the general dynamic scope mechanism, but their
   definitions and mechanisms for "entering" and "leaving" must be identical.

I think you're right.  And even if not, I think all of this is
sufficiently deeply tangled that we have to assume that it all needs to
be untangled together.

   Personally I'd love to see your interpretation of dynamic-wind in Parrot.
   And PDD format is a fine format to present a complete idea so that it can be
   easily understood and, perhaps, adopted.

My currently thinking is reflected here:

        http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/perl/dynbind-proposal-v3.html

But it's not in PDD format yet (being still too polemical, among other
reasons), and it's still not finished, though I hope you find it useful.
I really want to understand how exception handling has to work in order
to support Perl 6 in order to ensure that all of the tools in the
dynamic environment toolbox work with each other smoothly.

                                        -- Bob