On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 09:19:14PM +0100, Norman Nunley, Jr wrote:
> There's a rules grammar in http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/misc/
> JavaScript-FrontEnd/Grammar.pm
>
> When I last attempted to compile it with PGE, it gave up the ghost in
> the character class definitions.

Wow, thanks for the update.  PGE seems to be having trouble with
the <-xyz> rules, which are currently unimplemented.  But the
grammar is also using incorrect regex syntax -- the statements
like:

    rule no_LineTerminator_here {
          [ <ws> & <-<LineTerminator>>*? ]
    }

    rule USP  { <<Zs>-<TAB>-<VT>-<FF>-<SP>-<NBSP>> }

need to eliminate the inner angles, as in:

    rule no_LineTerminator_here {
          [ <ws> & <-LineTerminator>*? ]
    }

    rule USP  { <+Zs-TAB-VT-FF-SP-NBSP> }

But I think the no_LineTerminator_here rule probably needs
to be rewritten altogether to avoid the & conjunction.

At any rate, this is a very useful start; I think it could
be updated quite quickly.  Thanks!

Pm