> How can I fix this?

WWW::Mechanize(3pm)

$mech->submit_form( ... )

       This method lets you select a form from the previously fetched page,
       fill in its fields, and submit it. It combines the form_number/form_name,
       set_fields and click methods into one higher level call. Its arguments
       are a list of key/value pairs, all of which are optional.

       [stripped]

       * button => button
           Clicks on button button (calls "click()")

Thanks this indeed works.

From the documentation it is not clear (to me) why is the value of the submit
button sent only if I specify button => button
The doc only sais this:

     If button is not passed, then the "submit()" method is used instead.

regards
  Gabor