Why? Oh, why do people lately insist on offering up enticing tidbits of /what is to be the next great ordained (core|6pan|etc)/ without offering the community a chance to comment or participate? =(

Randy.

Well, in this case two reasons.

Firstly, although I have what I hope is a tentative mandate from Larry, I'd like to be sure I'm not obviously and completely wrong first.

And secondly, because even if I was ready to consult with the community about it (and don't worry, I most certainly will) I _right_now_ don't have the time to actually hold a detailed technical conversation over the length of a whole thread... or at all really.

And in a month, I should.

If I were to go into detail now, it would be vapour or the conversation would be noisy. If I just did a simple overview, I'd be pressed for details.

So for me at least, the only feasible methodology I've found to get a decent result is.

1. Think to myself
2. Proof of concept for myself
3. Consult with experts (here etc)
4. Realise my ideas sucked and revise them
5. Proof of concept for experts
6. Implement
7. Release to public

So yes, you'll be consulted.