On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:39 +0200, demerphq wrote:

> Test names shouldnt be optional.

I disagree.  I would find it cumbersome to have to come up with a
description for each and every test.

> Finding a particular test in a file by its number can be quite
> difficult, especially in test files where you dont have stuff like
>
> 'ok 26'.
>
> When ok() and is() are silently incrementing the counter and test
> names arent used how is one supposed to find the failing test? As you
> probably know it can be quite difficult.

Well, if the test passes, there's no need to know where exactly it's
located.  If it fails, the diagnostics contain the line number:

  not ok 6
  #   Failed test in t/xxx.t at line 26.

I've never seen incorrect line numbers.

--