在 2006/7/18 上午 1:54 時,Audrey Tang 寫到:
If you have a way to make IMCC reentrant that involves upgrading to a more recent version of flex and passing one additional parameter, go for it! Send us a patch and if it passes all the tests, we'll apply it.

As flex 2.5.30+ is not API compatible with the current flex IMCC is using, I wonder how it is different from re2c or regel, in particular that shoehorning an additional YYLEX parameter to make it work with bison will also involve overhauls beyond the original bison interface.

I guess my question is: If I send two patches, of equal size, one uses re2c and is much cleaner and faster; another uses a kluged-up flex with its new, backward-incompatible reentrant API, would you reject one and apply the other? If you are willing to let alternative scanners go in, I'd much rather working on that instead of trying to work around the bison/flex interface.

Code is easier for me to write than English.  Hence:

09:22 <@audreyt> imcc scanner is now reentrant.
09:22 <@audreyt> I think it wouldn't take more than another hour to get it based on re2c
09:22 <@audreyt> but I'm willing to take what is felt more comfortable.

:-)