On Jul 31, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Bob Rogers wrote:

   From: Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:11:23 -0400

   On Jul 30, 2006, at 3:55 PM, Bob Rogers wrote:
This doesn't work for me, even in a freshly-built (though somewhat
hacked) r13655:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]> ../../parrot tcl.pbc --pir -e 'set a [list a b]; set
a b'
        too many arguments passed (3) - 2 params expected
        current instr.: 'compile' pc 19796 (languages/tcl/src/compiler.pir:
29)
        called from Sub '_main' pc 474 (src/tclsh.pir:185)
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Fixed in r13696. This now generates a 94-line PIR sub.

In r13715, I get the following when I try to "make" in languages/tcl:

make: *** No rule to make target `runtime/builtin/set.pir', needed by `runtime/builtins.pir'. Stop.

This was after "make realclean", "svn up", and rebuilding Parrot at the
top level.  Do I need a bigger hammer?

   I also took the liberty of checking in a change to MANIFEST to drop
languages/tcl/runtime/builtin/set.pir, since Configure.pl complained and
it had been deleted.  Was that premature?

Your timing is impeccable ^_^. Thanks for the MANIFEST fix. Try upping again, the tcl makefile should be ok. (need to re Configure.pl to regen the makefile in tcl)

... And thank you for your patience. Tcl has had a lot of commits in the past week or so, it's been a tad bumpy. =-)

... And in the time it's taken to get this far, we've changed how we're invoking [set] during the compile phase, so we're up to 196 lines (more inlining in :main)

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]