On 8/2/06, Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 2. August 2006 19:52 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > There must be some other problem elsewhere.
>
> Found the problem... it was MY problem... I had rests of an old
instalation
> of parrot in my /usr/local/lib, and gcc was pulling libparrot from
there,
> making the hole process borked...

Strange. I tried hard to resolve:
http://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=39742
and didn't see any bad interaction of an installed Parrot (albeit there
are a
lot of such reports, that there is one).

I don't really know how to solve this problem... AFAIK gcc pulls by default
libs from /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib as soon as you do -l<lib>... You can
pass -L/path to gcc, but maybe the deafult search paths has priority over
the hand-defined ones. Guess I'll have to digg it more...

leo

--
Will work for bandwidth