On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 02:26:28AM +0000, Luke Palmer wrote:
> On 8/19/06, Aaron Crane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >You don't actually need a macro in that case:
> >
> >    if 0 { q<
> >    > }
>
> Which, of course, eliminates the original desire to have a
> code-commenting construct where "you just change the 0 to a 1".  After
> all, we already have #{}.  Incidentally, you could consider that the
> desired construct, because it balances, and a closure at statement
> level executes itself:
>
> #{
>    if $baz {
>        $foo.bar
>    }
> }
>
> To uncomment, remove the # before the {.

This is exactly the type of construct that I had in mind.  A couple of
questions. Is code inside of a #{}:

    - parsed and required to be syntacticly correct?
    - does it still appear in emitted code?
    - what happens when a goto tries to enter into this block
      or a nested sub is invoked?
    - will the optimizer spend time on this block?

-J