On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 06:49:20PM -0400, Mr. Shawn H. Corey wrote:
> Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 06:05:08PM -0400, Mr. Shawn H. Corey wrote:
> >> Don't forget that some programs, like mailers, wrap at 80 characters.
> >
> > I don't know of any mailer that is hard-coded at any given column width.
> > Do you?
>
> Thunderbird, Evolution, just to name two. OK, they're not hard-coded;
> you can change the option (if you can find it).

I don't think that this is actually a problem as IIRC those mailers don't
have the option to mail in plain text. See

http://nick.hates-software.com/2004/06/30/33b6b8a1.html

for a description of the problem (contains profanity, as does quite a bit of
that site). Sadly for some mailers attachments are the only way to go.

Nicholas Clark