On 8/25/06, Trey Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In a message dated Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Mark J. Reed writes:
> I think the justification for Luke's POV is the number of operations
> each class provides.   But my perspective agrees with Juerd -
> subclasses can remove functionality as well as adding it, and I
> definitely view "constant" as an add-on modifier, not a default that
> has to be overridden.

Can someone suggest some reading I can do to understand how that works?
I can't wrap my head around the idea of subclasses removing functionality.

perhaps trey meant "subclasses can add constraints as well as
functionality" instead of "subclasses can remove functionality as well
as adding it."

just a guess.
~jerry