Andy Lester (perl.perl6.internals / Wed, Aug 23 2006 11:27 pm) wrote:

> I've created wiki workspaces for Perl 6 and Parrot on my home box at

> http://rakudo.org/

> They are:

> http://rakudo.org/parrot

> http://rakudo.org/perl6

> They are publicly readable, but to edit pages, you must create an

> account.

> This is a JFDI solution.  At some point, these workspaces may move

> somewhere else but for now, you may have at them.  I hope this

> helps.  Please email me if you have any problems.

> Please also forward to whatever Perl 6 folks you think it appropriate

> to forward to.

This seems like a good place to forward to.

I've just added 3 subsections, 8 links, plus the 2nd provocative "Perl is"
comment. Hopefully this will help start a trend (in adding information that
is, not necessarily in escalating provocativity).

Seems like a pretty reasonable and very easy-to-learn interface to me,
however I'm a novice and probably just doubled my total lifetime experience
of wiki-based editing. It certainly seems fine for my purposes, although
I've not tried anything beyond simple text (such as adding code samples in
fixed width fonts, creating and reorganizing subsidiary pages, and so on).

I noticed that you also support tables, which is a hot button for some
people in this group, although I didn't get around to checking them out.

Any other feedback from other readers? (Especially from any other TPF
members or @Larry folks?)

PS: Sometimes the edit cursor disappears on Firefox 1.5.0.6 (which may be a
Firefox glitch). Also, I have to be using the advanced edit mode to see the
"edit tips" link. (Maybe I overlooked that requirement when zipping through
the tour.)

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

 <http://perl.net.au/wiki/Perl_6_Users_FAQ>