On 8/31/06, Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/30/06, Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem with PHP is not that it has

too much functionality, but that it is organized extremely poorly.

Amen.  PHP is the poster child for namespace pollution.  And PHP5 actually
has the tools to stop the madness; it's just a question of backward
compatibility.

I also really hate the HTML-multivalued-input-names-have-[] hack.

My personal gripe is the bizarre way PHP handles scope--what with its
hardcoded superglobals, globals, locals, so far so good I suppose, and
then... shadowing all the globals when inside a function? Too weird.

And I'm not fond of the "arrays are just hashes with numeric keys"
philosophy (which it shares with JavaScript).

That I don't mind so much--from a utility point of view, PHP's unified
arrays/hashes are great, almost like a swiss army knife of data structures.

But other than that, I love PHP. ;-)

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>