On 8/31/06, Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Another issue is how we're going to pass arguments to this method. s///
has very special syntax, that I don't think we can easily replicate.

S05 says it's $str.subst(regex, string-or-block); presumably the flags would
go on the regex?

I personally still prefer $foo.s/// and $foo.=s///

I don't really like the combination of quotelike and method call syntaxes.
I would happily take "s" as a replacement for the method name, but I don't
think it can happily coexist with the operator.

because I don't think substitution belongs in a smart match op.

Well, that's the reason for the method version in perl6.  Which, AFAICT,
returns the new string instead of the Match object, which is as it should
be.  The only thing I don't like is the name. :)

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>