From: "Paul Cochrane" (via RT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:22:47 -0700

   Hi,

   . . .

   I have a question about one file though: parrot/src/malloc-trace.c has
   the following part in the coda that it currently has:
    * compile-command:
    *    "gcc -Wall -O -fpic -shared -o malloc-trace.so malloc-trace.c"

   Is this necessary?  And could it just be deleted entirely?

   Thanks and Regards,

   Paul

This just changes the default shell command for the M-x compile Emacs
command.  This particular gcc command doesn't work to compile it, but
that may or may not be the fault of the command.  Has anybody tried to
build Parrot with "perl Configure.pl --gc=malloc-trace" lately?  Does it
compile OK?  And if so, is the generated Makefile command any different?

   Assuming malloc-trace.c isn't terminally bitrotted, the default
default for compile-command is "make -k ", which is usually the right
thing anyway, so I don't think deleting it would hurt.

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/