On Wednesday 04 October 2006 01:05, jesse wrote:

> One of the things that many shops have defected from Perl to Java for
> is the additional handcuffs that Java provides for less-than-experienced
> developers.  Giving me the power to control what my team, or folks using
> my language variant, do could be a huge win.

The point is that the person writing the program decides which handcuffs or
costumes all of the code has to wear, not the person writing the libraries.
If you want to set a policy for your organization, that's fine.  It is just
Not Okay for me or anyone to write a module right now that dictates exactly
the strictness of every program written in the next twenty years that uses
it.

-- c