Am Sonntag, 8. Oktober 2006 04:25 schrieb chromatic:
> I'm doing more work on the embedding interface.  Given that some Parrot
> functions may legitimately send and receive PMCs, what are the implications
> for garbage collection?

If a PMC isn't stored into some other structure, it has to be registered with
the extension interface function Parrot_register_pmc().

       "void Parrot_register_pmc(Parrot_INTERP interpreter, Parrot_PMC pmc)"
           Add a reference of the PMC to the interpreters DOD registry. This
prevents PMCs only known to extension
           from getting destroyed during DOD runs.

leo