On October 7th Damian Conway wrote:

> Before Christmas, as promised!
>
> [DRAFT] Synopsis 26 - Documentation

Thank you for that, Damian!  Apologies for taking a while to respond,
but I wanted to leave reading the document until I had a sufficient
chunk of time to do it justice.  And I was very impressed.

One quibble:

> To include named Unicode or XML entities, use the C<E<>> code.
>
> If the contents are not a number, they are interpreted as an upper-case
> Unicode character name, or as a lower-case XML entity. For example:
>
>      Perl 6 makes considerable use of E<laquo> and E<raquo>.

I think the only standard XML entities are C<&lt;>, C<&gt;>, and
C<&amp;>.  Particular XML languages can define further entities which
use that syntax, but they aren't included by default.  However, the
examples you give are HTML entities, defined in the HTML 4 spec:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html

Smylers