On 10/24/06, Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not all tests follow the "one test reporting on many files" paradigm:
see t/codingstd/perlcritic.t

FWIW,in general, I prefer the perlcritic method.

as i just wrote in a new ticket for perl coding standard test reformatting...

coding standard tests are designed to test maintainability, not
functionality. testing parrot functionality is much more important
than testing maintainability--just look at perl 5 :-)

inflating test numbers (and percentages) by adding a zillion coding
standards tests leads to false perception of test coverage. i'd like
very much to avoid this situation.

therefore, we're going with one test per standard, rather than one
test per standard per file.
~jerry